APB Cook Studio's Spice-capades short course is an introduction to Indian Cuisine - what we eat, why we eat it, and how. Designed to help children and young adults have a better appreciation of their Indian culinary heritage it touches upon history, unique characteristics and what makes Indian Cuisine special. Children will learn about the major components of an Indian meal, key ingredients that we use, and basic Indian cooking processes. Both days will include cooking of a complete meal. At the end of the course the kids will have the ability to cook about 10 recipes. Here is what the course entails!
Day 1 - Introduction to Indian Cuisine
Day one is all about understanding the basics of Indian food. The young chefs will go through a sensory introduction to Indian ingredients, seeing, feeling, smelling and tasting a range of dals, grains, and spices, and learning about their historical and cultural significance. We will also understand the use of traditional cooking and dining utensils such as the thali, tadka vati, sil batta. The day include cooking of a basic complete meal.
Day 2 - Diving Deeper
While the food we eat at home most often reflects the community or region to which our family belongs, India has an incredible diversity of cuisines, ingredients, cooking techniques, dishes and food habits. Day two is an introduction to the regional differences in Indian cuisine as we travel across the North, South, East and West of the country. We will also understand how a traditional Indian cuisines incorporate the principles of a balanced diet at every meal. Day two will include cooking of regional classic dishes. .
Points to Note
- This is a pre-booked class.
- This class is for kids in the age group of 9-15 years
- The class is from 11 am to 4 pm
- Participants will work in groups of 2-3 and make dishes with a trained instructor.
- You do not need to carry any material with you.
- Everything will be provided by the APB Cook Studio team.
- All the ingredients will be kept ready.
- The recipes of all the dishes taught will be provided
- After the cooking class, all the diners will enjoy the meal cooked.
- The price mentioned is per student.
Day 1 Menu
Day 2 Menu
North Indian Paneer/Chicken bhuna Masala Curry
South Indian Sambhar
Konkani Veg / Prawns Pulao