Nov 27, 2018 | 3 Mins
Bookmark this blog
Home chef Ravi's Sindhi Mutton Curry (Teevan). Check out details regarding his in-home dining experience in Nerul, Navi Mumbai here
Sindhi food is a lot about the variety of vegetarian and meat (mainly mutton) preparations using ingredients that are generally found in North India. Since the Sindhi community originally comes from Sindh in Pakistan, many dishes are still prepared the way they were in the olden times. Over the decades, Sindhis have also picked up cultural and culinary traits from Punjab and other regions they relocated to, after India gained independence. Know more about the Sindhi community with our blog, Sindh, Sindhi and Khaado.
Check out home chef Ravi's recipe to make one of the most cherished Sindhi dishes, Sindhi Mutton Curry (Teevan) at home!
1 kg Mutton
4 Onions, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
2 tbsp Curd
1 cup Water
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic-Green Chillies Paste
Oil, as required
Salt, as required
Coriander Leaves, for garnishing
1. Wash the mutton, chop into cubes and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the ginger-garlic-green chillies paste and onions, and fry till light brown. Add tomatoes to the pan and mix well.
3. Remove this mixture in a mixer grinder and make a fine paste.
4. Heat oil in the pan again. Add this paste and saute well. Add the chopped mutton pieces and coat them well in the paste.
5. Add the curd, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt as required. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add water and cover dish. Let it cook for 5 more minutes or till the meat is tender.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with phulkas.